Wednesday, August 27, 2008

off to school we go...

Today is the girl's first day of school. What a doozy. Keeley was so excited she made herself sick. She also didn't sleep well last night making a great combo. Aubrie wanted to know if she looked more grown up. She does. Here's a candid look at this morning.

Kind of cold today... it may rain.


Yes, a fight on the front porch is a necessity of every first day of school.

Aubrie is so excited for fifth grade!
Happy Day!
Freezing and so happy. My favorites this morning.
Aubrie's first day of school with her new contacts in too.
This is how Keeley wants her kids to remember her. Silly girl.


3 comments:

angie said...

How'd the first day go? The boys all announced coming in the door after school, "it was awesome", "great", "fabulous"! Then they all 3 proceeded to be in the worst meanest horrible moods for the rest of the day and evening! How do you figure that! Tired and hungry maybe? I don't know, but it was chaos for a while! Hope your first day back went better! Emma is SO excited for Friday!! We went to her conference today, and she wore some of her new clothes, and even brought her cute little lunch bag to show it off to Mrs. Howard! Let me know how things went! LOL, Ang

Janell said...

Ahh,what fun! Aubrie really does look grown up with her contacts.

Gentry Gang said...

Look how old your girls are getting. Of course I have to say the comment "I remember when Aubrie was a baby!" And now she's wearing contacts! Time has no mercy on a mother's heart.

I saw Keeley after our Kinder meeting and told her I was just with you and Henry. Her eyes got all excited. Then I had to tell her we were done and I think you had gone home. She seemed a little bummed. So, sorry about that. I did tell her I loved her cute outfit, that seemed to make her happy.