Friday, August 27, 2010

School Days are here again…

The summer has flown by once again and school has started.  It is always bitter sweet sending the kids off to school.  On the one hand I don’t have to endure endless teasing and fighting, but I want my kids with me.  I don’t like thinking that they are away from me for such long periods of time.

Here is what they looked like on the first day of school.

DSC05134
Aubrie is off to middle school.

DSC05150
She didn’t want me to follow her into her classroom – go figure- so this is my last glimpse of her as she get out of the van.

DSC05119

DSC05157
Keeley had safety patrol the first day, so she had a photo taken in the car on the way to school at 7:25 a.m.  And again by her classroom door at 8:15.

DSC05128
DSC05156
Henry is a second grader now and was so satisfied to come home the first day having played soccer with his friends at recess again.

DSC05174

DSC05180
Today is Jesse’s first day of kindergarten.  He was excited and nervous.  There are so many new people in his class he was very quiet when we left the classroom.  He also has a black eye…

DSC05170 DSC05171
He and Tracker bumped heads last night after dinner.  Matt told him that he would just have to go to school with a black eye for his first day of school to which Jesse replied, “It’s not black it’s purple!”  So true. 

So off goes another child to spend most of the day without me.  They survive fine but I miss them terribly.

I was so busy on Wednesday that we did not have our traditional bus cake.  But here is this year’s version.

DSC05164 DSC05161 DSC05165 DSC05162 DSC05160

 

LIFE IS SO GOOD!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Aubree is so beautiful and so grown up! And I love Keeley's interesting outfits. I'm not going to lie. I look forward to school starting and the kids being away - what's wrong with me?

Anonymous said...

Aubrie, you are so pretty!!! I am totally jealous! THat shirt looks really good on you, I never made it look that good. Keeley is so gorgeous too! I can't wait to see you girls again!! Oh and the boys are way cute too. : ) Totally cute!!!

-Lexy