Friday, February 27, 2009

I thought I knew...

You know, there is nothing worse than when I get sick. 

I can handle barfing in the night, sick kids, and husbands, and cleaning carpets, barf buckets, changing sheets and all manner of accidents.  Let's face it over the years I've become a pro at many of these things.  I can usually not even gag when rubbing the back of my barfing child. 

But, when I get sick there is nothing worse.  How do you keep going while not having the energy to do anything?  There's nothing worse than when mom is sick.

This was my opinion until yesterday.  My sister, Heather, called at about 10 am and told me my mom was going to the hospital with a racing heart.  It is definitely worse when grandma is sick. 

After a day full of tests and more tests.  She went home with a 24 hour heart monitor on and a wait and see diagnosis.  She said she felt better today, and that nothing had happened while she has had the monitor on, as of this morning at 8 when I spoke with her. 

A day full of prayers for her was how my day was spent, I can hardly recall much about anything I did.  I was busy, but most of my thoughts were with her.

Rena in 1994 

My mom.... I love her and need more time with her.

3 comments:

Tera said...

Amen to all of it. I need more time too!!!

Unknown said...

I do to

Black Family said...

I will keep her in my prayers too.